Student chapter Computer Society of India(CSI) established under the department of Computer Science and Engineering on 6th Oct 2004, The purposes of the society are scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science, computer engineering and technology, systems science and engineering, information processing and related arts and sciences. It is a professional body where professionals meet to exchange views and information, to learn and share ideas. All the students and faculty of CSE are members of CSI..
The activities of the Chapters includes Seminars, Workshops and Technical Symposium, Certification Courses & Guest Lectures to keep faculty and students updated with latest developments in various technologies.
Every year we conduct a National Level Technical Symposium Convergence. The students under the society are molded into competent software professionals, to face the challenges of the IT sector.
We also had won the Best Student Chapter Award in the year 2010.
All the Students of CSE Department are members of CSI & All the Faculty Members are Life Members of CSI.
The following set of activities are carried out in our college.
1. CSI Orientation : Introducing CSI activities for all the First years
2. Ex-Quiz-me: Quiz competition
3. Know CS: Session on new technologies (Twice an year)
4. Techcognizance: A Technical Event (Twice an Year)
5. Republic Parade: To bring the social Awareness
6. Workshops: Twice an year
7. Guest Lectures: In At least two subjects for every year of B.Tech in every semester
8. FDP: Conducting one FDP every semester
9. E-out Reach Activities. once in a semester
10. Extension Activities
11. Coding Contests: improve and test coding skills(Twice an Year)
12. Convergence: National Technical Symposium (once in an year)
13. C-Zine Launch: C-Zine magazine contains the information of all the activities conducted in that academic year.
Student Chapter Coordinator’s
Mr N. Sandeep Chaitanya(Ph.D) &
Mr Chekuri . Sri Sumanth(Ph.D)
Asst.Prof, Department of CSE